Been waiting to dive into the wacky and brain-bending world of Geofrifters? Well, the wait will finally be over next month!
Publisher Leoful has confirmed that the Nintendo Switch platformer will launch digitally worldwide on 18 September 2020, for $29.99 USD. Additionally, the physical version will launch on the same day in Hong Kong plus Taiwan, followed by a release in Southeast Asia on 2 October 2020. You can pre-order a physical copy of the game on the NintendoSoup Store over here (ships worldwide).
As previously reported, the game will see players using special powers to manipulate blocks, traps, and pathways to overcome a variety of puzzles and tricky opponents. Check out the full details from Leoful below, along with the latest trailer so far:
August 24, 2020 – Video game publisher Leoful and the Taipei indie team of Playerium; “Busy Toaster” Games are excited to announce the launch and pricing details for the platform manipulating adventure Georifters on the Nintendo Switch.
Leoful will publish the digital version of Georifters for Nintendo Switch in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong on September 18, 2020. It will retail for USD29.99 (or local regional equivalent) on the Nintendo eShop. Georifters will also launch in Japan in 2020, so expect more details in the coming months.
Georifter’s standard physical edition, which includes exclusive Pro Gamer Candy skin parts on the Game Card, will launch first in Hong Kong and Taiwan on September 18, 2020, followed by Southeast Asia on October 2, 2020. It will go for the suggested retail price of USD39.99 / HKD310 / TWD1175 / SGD54.90 before sales tax.
This unique ground bending platformer asks players to use 3D spatial reasoning to navigate 2D situations; why jump across gaps when you can use your ability to close them? A wall of spikes in your path? No problem, spin them out of your way. Is a pesky enemy getting you down? Crush them with the ground they are standing on! Push, flip, twist, or turn the terrain to overcome challenges and battle competitors in hundreds of stages in single-player, co-op, or multiplayer modes. Unlock new skills, costumes, heroes, and much more in this unique ground bending 3D platformer.
Most platformer games have the player run, jump, and navigate around the platforms or under obstacles; Georifters, however, gifts the player with the ability to manipulate the platforms in a platformer! Push walls, flip the ground, punch portals, spin platforms around you, or your friends, and that’s just a few of the creative ways you can interact with this unique and strange world.
Each hero in Georifters lives, literally, in their own bubble world, but one day, strange rifts begin appearing in each of the worlds, followed by weird creatures wreaking havoc and stealing the very air you breathe! You must help Candy to venture out of her bubble world and embark on a ground bending adventure spanning the different worlds, meeting other heroes along the way and inspiring them to leave their isolated worlds, to accept and understand each other’s differences and join you on your journey, to fight together and change the fate of they’re worlds.
Georifters Main Features
Georifters includes a comprehensive story mode with over 6 fantastical worlds for you and a friend to team up with and complete in couch co-op. You can also enter the “Battle Arena”, a couch competitive mode, where up to 4 players on the same system can challenge each other in a variety of different levels and battle settings. Unlock heroes, mix-and-match skin parts, weapons, and upgrades as you travel through the 300+ stages the game has to offer.
- A unique ground manipulation system allows you to move the world in many ways around your enemies or yourself!
- Use your ground manipulation skills to discover and unearth hidden items and powerups!
- Unlock heroes, worlds, weapons, upgrades and more.
- Upgrade your chosen champions’ unique abilities to suit your play style using the cards & stickers perk system.
- Over 50 different costume combinations: choose how fabulous you look whilst crushing your foes.
- Grab up to four friends to team up with or against each other for fast paced ground manipulation battles.
- More a thinker than a fighter? No worries! Grab a friend for some precision ground manipulation in coop, or single player if you prefer to do everything yourself.
- 6 Unique bubble worlds, each inspired by one of the human senses.
- 7 Unique heroes, each with their own individual special way of manipulating the ground.
- Explore 6 fantastical worlds comprised of 30+ levels with 300+ stages.