More details on the next mainline Shin Megami Tensei title coming to the Nintendo Switch has been revealed, including details on physical game editions coming to the west.
Developer ATLUS announced that Shin Megami Tensei V is now available for pre-order for the west. Two pre-order packages have also been revealed: the Fall of Man Premium Edition and the SteelBook Edition.
Here are the details of the two packages:
Fall of Man Premium Edition ($119.99)
The Fall of Man Premium Edition includes:
- Printed Sling Bag
- 6” x 11.5”, Inspired by the Protagonist’s school attire
- Demon Handbook
- Hardcover, A5 size with 100-plus pages
- Two CD Soundtrack Disc
- Collectible Box
SteelBook Edition ($59.99)
Purchase Shin Megami Tensei V from physical retailers now to receive an exclusive SteelBook while supplies last!
ATLUS has also released a new gameplay trailer which you can check out below:
In the latest entry of the acclaimed Shin Megami Tensei RPG series, play as a high school student who wakes up in post-apocalyptic Tokyo, now an abandoned wasteland Attacked by demons, he fuses together with a mysterious man and obtains newfound powers. In a conflict between mythical deities and demonic tyrants, you dictate the fate of the world.
When a grisly murder scene in modern-day Tokyo blocks our protagonists walk home, an unplanned detour leaves him buried and unconscious.
He awakens in a new Tokyo, a wasteland ravaged by apocalypse now called Da’at… but before bloodthirsty demons can claim his life, a savior emerges, and they unite to become a mighty being neither human nor demon: a Nahobino.
With newfound power, the protagonist ventures through Da’at, an enigmatic realm filled with mythical deities and demonic tyrants in constant conflict for survival. Searching for answers, the protagonist must forge his own path in a battle between light and dark to dictate the fate of the world.
- Unfold an allusive story filled with tragic choices, make sacrifices to uphold your ideals as you pursue light or covet darkness to discover your role in the new world.
- Fight through a demon-infested wasteland with the Press Turn Battle System, pinpoint enemy weaknesses so you can perform consecutive actions but make one mistake and it may be your last.
- Turn formidable foes into worthy allies by recruiting them via negotiations, then fuse them to create demons customized to fit your playstyle.
- Explore the expansive world of post-apocalyptic Tokyo, fully rendered in stunning 3D utilizing Unreal Engine 4, a first for the mainline Shin Megami Tensei series.
Let us know what you think in the comments!