The future prospects of The Walking Dead: The Final Season are looking brighter today.
According to a recent Reddit AMA, Skybound Games is aiming to complete Episode 3 by the end of 2018. The company’s CEO Iam Howe had this to say:
“OK, given that you guys have been so supportive and patient, I’m going out on a limb and will say yes, I fully expect Episode 3 to be this year and I’ll be very disappointed if we can’t make that happen.”
Howe also shared other details about his company reviving the game:
- Presently, legal matters are halting the production of Episode 3.
- However, Skybound Games should be able to work through these hurdles quickly.
- There’s not a ton of work left to do for Episode 3.
- Episode 4 had only entered pre-production, so it will require a lot more work to complete.
- Howe hopes the series will return to digital storefronts by the end of October.
- Howe has contacted over 40 former Telltale developers, and they seem excited to continue work on the game.
- Many of the former Telltale employees are located at San Francisco, while Skybound is in Los Angeles.
- Skybound Games will likely have to search for a space that is convenient for the dev team to work from.
Looks like everything is going swimmingly! Let’s hope Skybound Games can manage the situation smoothly from here on out.