Looking for your next creative RPG adventure to take on the go? This upcoming title from Jin Wave Studio is sure to catch your eye!
The developer announced today that its “Social deduction fantasy thriller turn-based RPG” Jin Conception will launch for Nintendo Switch and PC on 12 May 2021. The game will see players exploring the weird world of Final Layer where battles commence on the overworld itself – as they try to discover the truth about two mysterious disappearances from their party!
Check out the official trailer below:
Jin Conception is a social deduction fantasy thriller turn-based Japanese RPG. Eight playable characters’ stories intertwine when three characters enter Final Layer and two vanish without a trace. One returns back from Final Layer but claims to not remember what happened. Who do you trust? Who is telling the truth and who is lying? Who is friend and who is foe?
Development for Jin Conception started in July 2019. Jin Conception was made using SFML.
- Strategic turn-based combat involving balance.
- Battles happen on the same field as movement, no switching screens when combat starts.
- Affliction and buff system, for example, players cannot run away if they have stuck affliction.
- Double and triple Jin techs allow party members to combine attacks with each other to form stronger attacks.
- Traps can be set in combat for strategic purposes such as delaying an attack for later.