Square Enix has finally debuted the first gameplay footage of Dragon Quest XI S running on Nintendo Switch!
On a livestream hosted just recently, Square Enix showcased the reported new features, modes, and quality of life enhancements for the game. From the looks of things, Dragon Quest XI S 3D mode runs smoothly on the hybrid console.
Now, players can access the party chat just about anywhere without accessing the menu or going to a camp. You can directly talk to the party members following the protagonist. By using the “Horse Bell” item, players can easily call out the horse without the need to go to a specific location with a bell.
The company has also shown a lengthy preview of the game’s charming 2D mode. In addition, quests from the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI in which you visit the worlds of past Dragon Quest titles will be included in the Switch version.
Check out all the new details and the 13-minute footage below (from 42:00 to 55:44 and 1:00:57 to 1:06:15):
Latest Voice Actor Announcements
- Protagonist (Baby) (Cry) – Touma Saito (Ayumi Tsunematsu’s son)
- Kai (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
- Booga (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
- Masked Martial Arts Tournament Announcer (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
- Indignus (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
- Queen Marina (voiced by Atsuko Tanaka)
- Grand Master Pang (voiced by Ayumi Tsunematsu)
- Don Rodrigo (voiced by Akio Ootsuka)
- The Sultan of Gallopolis (voiced by Shigeru Chiba)
- Avarith (voiced by Ryuusei Nakao)
- Yggdragon (voiced by Keiko Han)
- Tyriant (voiced by Norio Wakamoto)
- Homirin (voiced by Yuka Ozaki)
- The Seer (voiced by Miina Tominaga)
Additional New Features
- Party members will follow you on the field.
- You can talk directly to party members without opening the menu.
- You can change the music from Orchestra to Synthesizer at any point by going to the sound settings in the menu.
- You can dash with the ZR button.
- By using the new “Horse Bell” item, you can call your horse at any time.
- You can now gain experience points when your horse knocks away an enemy on the field.
- You can change the battle speed to “Normal,” “Fast,” or “Really Fast.”
- The quests from the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI in which you visit the worlds of past Dragon Quest titles will be included in the Switch version, but not without changes.
Voice Drama Downloadable Content
The following is a message from Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii, who was unable to appear on the program due to poor health:
“Thanks to everyone who made their voice heard, Dragon Quest XI S is being made to dive deeper into the story. And new story is also being added that allows you to experience each character as the protagonist. Through the unexpected sides of these characters and previously untold stories, I hope that you can be able to appreciate each character even more. I wanted everyone to further enjoy the drama of those characters, so I am actually making something as additional downloadable content. That something is a ‘voice drama.’ I would like to share more details now, but I should be able to share new information in June.”