Project Octopath Traveller is still very much a work in progress, that is why when Square Enix decided to put it up for demo, many were caught by surprise.
However, thanks to the demo, they manage to get a lot of useful insights to how players play the game. For example, around two-thirds of the demo population played both the Primrose and Oilberic paths offered in the demo. While about 19% went for Primrose only, 18% Oilberic Only.
The game also scored a 4.13-star rating as rated by those who have played the demo. Breaking it down, around a third of the people gave it a 5-star rating while more than half gave a 4-star rating.
Some of the comments given by players were also obtained. Turns out players, wanted these:
– Wish the movement speed could be faster
– Some parts of the map were hard to see
– Hope for a feature to skip events
– The menu is a bit inconvenient (maybe criticizing the UI quality)
– Could the text be a bit bigger?
– Make the battles more interesting
Looks like Project Octopath Traveller is already set to be a great game. With a bit more polish using the comments and data ascertained, Square Enix should not have much of a problem when it launches next year on the Nintendo Switch