Earlier this week, Square Enix held its annual financial results briefing for the fiscal year ending on March 31st, during which they shared an update about their plans for game announcements moving foward.
Although Square Enix had previously said they were exploring “other options” for a digital event following E3’s cancellation, it seems they have decided not to go through with the plan after all.
According to Bloomberg tech reporter Takashi Mochizuki, the company said that they would not be holding an online event in June due to complications related to the Coronavirus. Instead, it seems that new Square Enix titles will be announced on a smaller, more individual basis.
Square Enix said it won't hold online event to unveil this FY's new releases around E3's timing because making assets ready for such show has become difficult due to Covid-19. Instead, it will announce new titles on individual basis.
— Takashi Mochizuki (@6d6f636869) May 13, 2020
In light of this, we will be sure to keep an eye out for any surprise announcements Square may share in the weeks to come.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.