Need some more retro goodness in your Nintendo Switch? A messy adventure of kraken proportions is heading your way soon!
The developers of Squidlit have confirmed that the game will be hitting the Switch eShop on 14 January 2020, for just $1.99 USD. The game sees players as a humble little squid out to save the world – with a classic Game Boy green-yellow look!
Check out the some gameplay footage below, along with more details:
Are you ready for an invertebratey adventure? Do you have the gumption to take on a mighty quest for the good of oodles of squidlits everywhere? If so, many trials await you as you squrp your way to victory in the squishiest of escapades!
The mechanics are simple!
After jumping, jump again to ink downwards on the enemies you encounter as you blip and squip along your merry way! Can you stop Skwit Skwot before it’s too late?
Squidlit does everything it can to be as accurate to the original hardware as possible, including:
- No more than 10 8-pixel wide sprites in a line.
- No more than 40 sprites at any time.
- Four sound channels that are shared between “voices” of music and the sound effects.
- All sounds were made on real hardware (using LSDJ).
- 160 x 144 pixel resolution.
- And a whopping 4 shades of… “grellow”.