Square Enix has confirmed the Japanese release date for Star Ocean First Departure R on Nintendo Switch.
The news comes from Square Enix’s official website, which states that the game will be launching on December 5th for Switch in Japan. Furthermore, there will be a special Star Ocean presentation being held at the Tokyo Game Show on September 15th, which will presumably share more about the game. The stream will be broadcast on Youtube here.
As of this writing, it is not known if this December 5th release date will also apply to the West. We will be sure to bring the updates as they come.
In the meantime, check out a new trailer for Star Ocean First Departure R below, along with some additional details about the game:
- High-Definition Visuals – Up-converted from SD to HD resolution, the quality of the game’s graphics and movies has been enhanced.
- New Illustrations Based on the Super Famicom Version’s Designs + Character Illustration Switch Feature – Katsumi Enami, who handled the character illustrations for Star Ocean: The Last Hope, has created new character illustrations based on the Super Famicom version’s designs. You can switch between the First Departure and First Departure R illustrations as you like during the game.
- Full Voice-Overs from the First Departure Voice Cast + Voice Switch Feature – Since the Super Famicom version had no voice-overs outside of battle, the voice-overs have been newly recorded by both the Super Famicom version cast and the First Departure cast. You can switch between the First Departure and First Departure R voice casts as you like during the game. The voice cast includes:
- Ratix Farrence
- First Departure Version: Mamoru Miyano
- First Departure R Version: Hiro Yuuki
- Milly Kiliet
- First Departure Version: Hitomi Nabatame
- First Departure R Version: Konami Yoshida
- Dorn Marto
- First Departure Version: Kentaro Ito
- First Departure R Version: Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Ronixis J. Kenny
- First Departure Version: Kenji Hamada
- First Departure R Version: Akira Okamori
- Iria Silvestoli
- First Departure Version: Sanae Kobayashi
- First Departure R Version: Wakana Yamazaki
- Field Movement Game Speed Boost Feature – Added a feature to increase the game speed by two times when moving on the field.
- Game Balance Adjustments – Adjusted battle difficulty.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.