After some delays, Idea Factory International finally confirmed the western release dates for Super Neptunia RPG!
The 2D turn-based RPG adventure will be hitting Nintendo Switch in North America on 25 June 2019, and in Europe on 28 June 2019. Digital and physical versions of the game will be available for purchase.
The publisher also confirmed that the Nintendo Switch version will remain uncensored, while the PS4 release will have two ‘modified’ CG images.
While we await more info in the future, check out some new screenshots along with gameplay details below.
LOS ANGELES, CA., April 25, 2019 – We are excited to announce that
Super Neptunia™ RPG is headed for the PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch™, physically and digitally, in North America on June 25 and in Europe on June 28! The Steam® version will launch on June 20.
The PS4 and Nintendo Switch versions will include English and French subtitles. The Steam version includes English, French, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese Subtitles.
Alongside the Steam release, we also have several updates for the Steam launch including:
- A 20% weeklong launch game discount
- The Deluxe Bundle with a permanent 20% discount (includes game + Deluxe Pack)
- The Deluxe Pack with a weeklong 20% launch discount
The Deluxe pack includes:
- Character Art Collection
- Background Art Collection
- Rough Art Collection
- PC Wallpapers x2
- Mobile Wallpapers x5
The PS4 release will have two slightly modified CGs. The Nintendo Switch and Steam version will contain all original CGs. Gameplay for all platforms has not been changed from the original Japanese release.
Lastly, we have three new system updates on the official website: Game Flow, Skills, and Abilities.
- Explore dungeons as Neptune! As soon as Neptune attacks/touches a monster, a battle will begin. Land a Symbol Attack on a monster to have a better advantage at the start of battle!
- Within dungeons, Neptune can jump, double jump, and summon a squishy pudding-like monster to help players reach higher platforms and treasure.
- During battle, players can fight with up to 4 party members. Pay close attention to your Action Points (AP), as each skill cast by a party member requires a certain amount of AP. Take advantage of an enemy’s weakness to recover additional AP!
- There are 4 formation types that can be switched on-the-fly: Strike, Magic, Support, and Heal. Attack types and passive bonuses change with each formation.
- Players will also recognize several important gauges to keep an eye out for: Goddess Gauge, AP Gauge, Break Attack Gauge, and the Enemy’s AP Gauge.
- Skills are attacks that characters can use with each formation. Players will use them by either equipping items endowed with Skills or by learning said Skills.
- By winning a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and by fulfilling the conditions, you will be able to learn the Skills held by that item. After learning the Skill, players can unequip the item and still keep the skill learned from the item.
- Prepare for battle by setting your skills before hand. Remember, each formation has a different skill that a party member can cast, so you can equip up to 4 different skills for each character (16 in total). Note that certain skills can only be used in a specific formation (i.e. Strike Formation).
- Abilities are skills that provide huge advantages. They are held by equipment (weapons, armor, accessories).
- Set your Abilities by using Ability Points. The higher the character’s level is, the more Ability Points you will receive. When you win a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and if the conditions are fulfilled, you can learn the Abilities they hold. You can then set the Ability without having to equip the item.