During today’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Dragon Quest Hero DLC Presentation, producer Sakurai shared new details about the upcoming Update 4.0.0.
Besides introducing the new Dragon Quest Hero DLC Fighter, Update 4.0.0. will also add new online modes, adjustments, and more features. The list is quite long, so we’ve summarized them in point form below for easier reference, along with the segment of Sakurai’s presentation below (starts from 18:57) where he explains what additions the update will bring.
Here are the upcoming changes in Update 4.0.0:
- The Final Smash Meter now has a time limit.
- It depletes over time to show this – and once it fully depletes, you’ll lose the Final Smash.
- The ‘World of Light’ adventure mode will get a ‘Very Easy’ Difficulty.
- A new Spectate mode will be added.
- Earn points by predicting the winner of online matches.
- Exchange points you win for items.
- An online tourney mode will be added.
- You’ll be able to add screenshots while adding videos.
- Play videos from the “Shared Content” page consecutively
- Isabelle, Pokemon Trainer, and Pichu amiibo are now available
The update will be launching later today for North America, and on 31 July 2019 for Europe. See you on the battlefield!