Want to put the metroidvania adventure SuperEpic on your shelf? Well, you’re chance to do so is coming soon!
Numskull Games have revealed that they will be releasing a physical version of the game for Switch on 20 March 2020. Along with this, the company will also be offering a 5,000 SuperEpic: Badge Collector’s Edition bundles – with each one including a special display box with six special pins inside.
Here are more details below:
Numskull Games is incredibly proud to announce that SuperEpic, a Metroidvania-style adventure game from indie developer Undercoders, is coming to retail for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on March 20th!
Taking the helm of a raccoon and a burger-eating llama, you embark on a quest to save video games as we know them by ramming into the headquarters of RegnantCorp – a video game development company that controls an Orwellian society by addicting citizens to their free games.
SuperEpic is a critically acclaimed, non-linear, fast-paced action adventure game, heavy on exploration and combo-based combat. Uncover a conspiracy as you explore a surreal castle-like office full of enemies, challenges, secrets, and corporate pigs.
The SuperEpic: Badge Collector’s Edition includes a physical copy of the game for your chosen platform, as well as a collector’s display box featuring 6 high quality pin badges, based on characters from the hit indie game. Limited to 5,000 copies on the Nintendo Switch and 3,000 copies on the PS4, this is sure to be a sought-after collector’s item! (Standard edition also available)
Continuing the satirical theme on microtransactions, levelling and powering up is based on an in-game economy system (there aren’t any real-life microtransactions, of course!)
- Two game modes – play a classic single-player story mode with handcrafted levels, or a roguelike mode which procedurally generates the game map to make each run completely different
- Cross-media experience – hidden QR codes launch mini-games to play on your mobile when scanned, uncovering secrets in the main game
- 8 hours of gameplay – a first run on the story mode will take roughly 8 hours, but the procedural mode provides endless fun
- 16-bit era graphics – super fluid animations and spectacular bosses, all represented in gorgeous ‘Neo-Geo’-esque 16-bit pixel art
- Original storyline & soundtrack – a story featuring unique, strong characters with plenty of humour and personality, and a soundtrack from SonoTrigger (‘Rise & Shine’, ‘Blue & Bullets’, ‘Supermagical’)
- Completionists – tons of achievements & secrets to unlock for completionists
- Micro-transaction satire – satirises modern gaming practices, with a huge enterprise run by greedy business-pigs which has gradually replaced all the fun in video games with adaptative and addictive algorithms to control people’s minds
- Latest patch on disc/cartridge – the latest update, which includes improvements to the map system, are included on the physical versions for collectors and preservationists
We’ll report back if or when international pre-orders open up. Stay tuned!