During Nintendo’s latest partner direct, it was confirmed that post-apocalyptic strategy game Surviving The Aftermath would be coming to Switch.
Surviving The Aftermath is a game where players take command of a colony of survivors in a post-apocalyptic world, building a settlement, gathering resources, and ultimately trying to rebuild civilisation. It is set to launch on Switch and other platforms in Spring 2021.
In a press release, game director Lasse Liljedahl had this to say about the Switch version:
“Players have been asking for Nintendo Switch support since we first revealed the game at PDXCON last year. Keeping true to our word of listening to player feedback, we’ve been hard at work optimizing the game for Nintendo’s console. Expanding to Switch makes Surviving the Aftermath more accessible to our community and allows players to enjoy the game wherever they go.”
Check out the Switch Trailer below:
About (Via Nintendo.com)
The end of the world is just the beginning.
Survive and thrive in a post-apocalyptic future—resources are scarce but opportunity calls. Build the ultimate disaster proof colony, protect your colonists, and restore civilization to a devastated world.
Go beyond the colony and explore the wastelands to gather resources, meet rival colonies, and fight off bandits.
- No Place Like Home – Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 61 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security.
- Surviving Earth – Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with resources, wildlife, rival societies and more. Each environment has different conditions that affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters, dangerous animals, and bandits will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is My Specialty – Recruit over 80 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected – Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Reputation Management – Every decision can have dire consequences on your colony’s survival. Your reputation with other societies will affect your ability to trade and can even affect your relationship with their leaders. Colonists have a mind of their own and will react to your choices.
- Defend the Gate – Fortify your gates and protect your colony from rampaging animals and deadly bandits. Enemies who breach the gate will pour into your colony, wreaking havoc on everything in their wake. Take command of your specialists and drive the invaders back.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.