During PAX East 2018, USGamer received the opportunity of playing Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido for Nintendo Switch.
The website revealed a few details that we previously did not know about the game, such as its combo and puzzle mechanics, number of characters, number of missions, and individual campaign details.
Check out the rundown below:
- It’s a fast action puzzle game
- Create combos by connecting different sushi dishes
- Face an opponent through four sushi belts combined
- Connect as many plates of the same color as possible
- This is achieved by selecting a plate of sushi and then dragging your finger (or the cursor) to the adjacent plates up, down and to one side before they leave the screen
- By matching up to 10 plates, they are stored in front of your character and then they can be thrown at your opponent
- Up to 50 unlockable characters
- Each one has special abilities that can be activated once you have created enough combos
- Jinrai: young ninja, has Sushi Bonanza
- This ability makes all the dishes have the same color
- Compatible with local multiplayer
- Individual campaign for a considerable player
- The campaign has around 150 missions in total
- Light story, bosses and animated scenes, as well as a lot of challenging confrontations against enemies controlled by the CPU
And here’s 10 minutes of gameplay:
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido launches June 8, 2018 on Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS.