It seems like the upcoming Detective Pikachu film could be shaping up into 2019’s runaway hit.
After early test screenings of the film, multiple sources had a lot of praise for the movie! Apparently, audiences were pleasantly surprised at what was shown.
Here were the highlights of the screening, courtesy of SuperBroMovies:
- Film contains numerous Easter eggs.
- Audiences felt there were good performances, and a great script.
- Ryan Reynolds did great as Pikachu, and apparently he has great chemistry with lead actor Justice Smith.
- The film’s hyper-realistic CGI is not finished, but Pikachu looks pretty good.
- There are some surprise appearances that will leave fans extremely happy.
- The film avoids relying on fan service, and instead focuses on telling a mystery.
Despite many fans’ misgivings about the film, it looks like it actually has potential! We’ll be waiting for more information, as the movie’s Summer 2019 release date grows closer.