Last year, Obsidian Games revealed that The Outer Worlds would be receiving its first expansion titled “Peril on Gorgon“. While this additional content has seen a bit of a delay for Nintendo Switch owners, the wait is nearly over!
The developer has confirmed that The Outer Worlds: Peril On Gorgon expansion will officially hit the Switch eShop on 10 February 2021. In addition to this, the game’s version 1.3 update is now live for Nintendo Switch owners – which addresses some bugs.
Here are more details below:
The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is coming to the Nintendo Switch on February 10th!
Employees visiting the Halcyon Colony on their Switch consoles will be able to purchase and explore the Gorgon Asteroid in this first of two narrative expansions.
- Intrigue and danger: Search an abandoned Spacer’s Choice facility and encounter a cast of new characters as you uncover the mystery behind the sudden cancellation of the Gorgon Project.
- New locations: Explore the treacherous canyons of the Gorgon Asteroid and encounter enemies that have been warped by science.
- More science weapons: Discover three outlandish new science weapons, including the P.E.T. (Pest Extermination Tool), an exciting new melee weapon that draws in enemies for close-range attacks.
- Expanded character customization and lore: An increased level cap, additional perks and flaws, wholly new armor sets, and several variants for existing gear. Plus, dig into the story of the Gorgon Asteroid with new Portable Phonograph audio logs that reveal the salacious secrets of a scientific experiment gone wrong.
On top of the release of this expansion, Switch players can expect to see Patch 1.3 reach their Nintendo Switch consoles on February 3rd. This patch will include the following:
Nintendo Switch TOW Patch 1.3
- Players will now be able to trigger the DLC Peril on Gorgon after the content has been purchased and installed.
- Adjust level GC strategy
- Adjust texture streaming strategy