Today, The Pokemon Company has published its net profit for the year ending February 28, 2019.
According to the company’s gazette, The Pokemon Company made USD124 million in the fiscal year of 2018, a 50% jump (after currency conversion from yen to USD) from the USD80.8 million it made in the fiscal year of 2017.
USD124 million is the second highest net profit The Pokemon Company has seen since the fiscal year of 2016, the year Pokemon GO launched for smartphones. Keep in mind the net profit does not include sales from Pokemon Center.
Check out the net profit for previous fiscal years:
- 15th fiscal (for the year that ended on February 28, 2013): US$16.6 million
- 16th fiscal: US$10.6 million
- 17th fiscal: US$18.4 million
- 18th fiscal: US$5.6 million
- 19th fiscal: US$143.3 million
- 20th fiscal: US$80.8 million
- 21th fiscal : US$124 million
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.