Antonis Pelikanos and Dangen Entertainment have announced The TakeOver, a fighting game for Nintendo Switch.
The TakeOver features gameplay inspired by games such as Streets of Rage, but it offers an extended combo system and modern visuals. No word on a release date yet.
Check out the details below:
The TakeOver is, at heart, an old school beat ’em up inspired by games like Final Fight and Streets of Rage. Although the gameplay is based on these classic games, it offers an extended combo system, fast gameplay and modern visuals. Using a combination of full 3D backgrounds and high definition pre-rendered sprites, the game is designed with Full HD in mind.
Take on the role of one of three streetwise action heroes on the road to revenge to save a kidnapped girl. Whether it’s the fast kicks of Ethan or the devastating suplexes of Connor, there’s a character for every kind of beat-em-up fan.
- Crisp 3D backgrounds and HD pre-rendered sprites fuse together to make a beautiful HD beat-em-up experience
- Three unique characters to pound gangsters’ faces to the ground
- Beat your way solo or with a comrade through many locales and stages
• Combo battle system that is fun and satisfying for new players and deep enough for veterans
- Bonus driving and high-speed flight stages
• A killer soundtrack featuring a guest track by the one-and-only Yuzo Koshiro