Rain Games has released a major update for World to the West on Nintendo Switch.
The update brings a slew of performance updates, visual improvements, bug fixes, and Portuguese support. Full patch notes can be found below.
- Optimized geometry for better culling and batching in most levels
- Optimized many visual effects
- Replaced many visual effects and animations with more performant versions.
- Fixed occasional stutters when saving the game
- Greatly improved performance of Knaus’ ice flakes
- Improved performance for objects that occasionally animate, like chests, doors etc.
- Improved performance during the last boss.
- Improved compression for many assets.
- Improved the performance of the UI.
- Adjusted water edges in all levels with water to match the shore better.
- Improved lighting in several levels that were too dark.
- Made fish less likely to escape the water.
- Improved look of fog in many levels.
- Added burn marks to several explosions.
- Improved look of foot dust effect.
Bugfixes and improvements
- Repaired holes in the level geometry in quite a few levels.
- Improved AI navigation in most levels.
- Minor fixes to the Japanese translation.
- Fixed bug where the music sound would get permanently lowered until the game was restarted when entering and exiting the menu many times.
- Moved several NPCs which could get the player stuck behind them.
- Fixed an issue where Clonington could get stuck after a pugilism match.
- Fixed ridden monsters moving too slowly after being ridden into a scene.
- Fixed some instances of creatures that were falling to their doom teleporting back to safety.
- Fixed some NPCs not playing their walking animation when walking around, and some other animation issues.
- Fixed Lumina being able to blink through a few level transitions without triggering them, causing the player to fall off the edge of the map.
- Fixed bug where Clonington would get locked into his ground stomp attack
- Fixed bug where Clonington would get locked into his haymaker attack
- Fixed some shader bugs causing graphical artifacts.
- Fixed a few mismatched level transitions, which could cause players to end up outside the playable area if entering certain levels.
- Fixed issue where you would fall through some stairs.
- Fixed several levels having the area under it’s death plane marked as walkable, causing the player to occasionally get stuck there.
- Fixed issues where you had to leave the area to be able to pay Bear and Cat to change their song again.
- Fixed issue where the Flailmunk’s homerun effect would get triggered at the wrong time.
- Fixed Flailmunks getting eaten mid-attack by Grues.
- Fixed SnortHogs getting stuck in an invalid state if you stopped mind-controlling them mid-charge.
- Improvements and fixes for sound and visuals in the end credits.
- Fixed issue where Steam saving would lock up.
- Flailmunks are now afraid of Clonington when he flexes.
- Added drop shadow to all controlled characters, and greatly improved the performance on the characters that already had drop shadows.
- Added a character bark when switching between characters in the totem map menu.
- Knaus now moves much faster while underground, and digs holes faster.
- Portuguese language added.