All E3 participants, whether they have a Gamer Pass or Industry Pass, will receive an email to reserve one electronic ticket to play the game on June 5. Players can choose to enjoy the casual “For Fun” mode or competitive “For Glory” mode. The reservation system will not apply for other games at Nintendo’s booth.
Full details on getting the pass can be found below.
- Anyone who registers for E3 2018 by May 31 will receive an email from E3 organizers on June 5 with details about how to reserve one electronic ticket to play the game (available while time slots last). Attendees should make sure to add email@example.com to their safe sender lists so the email doesn’t get lost in their junk folders.
- Signing up to play the game ahead of time is mandatory. No on-site registration will be available.
- Tickets will be in the form of QR Code patterns that can be stored on a smartphone or printed out.
- For more details about ticketing, visit https://e3.nintendo.com/attendee-faq for continuing updates.
- Reservations will not be taken for any other games at Nintendo’s booth, which will be available to play on a first-come, first-served basis.
Nintendo’s Doug Bowser said they’re looking for ways to maximize the fun people can have with Nintendo at E3, and they hope as many people as possible could try out the game.
Lastly, Nintendo employees will be on the lookout for E3 visitors playing Nintendo Switch. If you’re spotted with one, you may receive a one-of-a-kind Nintendo Switch collectible pin.