Raiser Games have announced that a new update is rolling out soon for YouTubers Life OMG Edition on Switch!
This update will bring a number of fixes, QOL, gameplay, and balancing improvements on the game. This came with the reveal of a physical edition also coming for the game. No specific date was mentioned on when the update will go live but we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information.
For now, please check out the lengthy patch notes below:
This update, which is already available on Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, includes many quality-of-life, gameplay, and balancing improvements. For instance, while at your parents’ house, you will start monetizing your videos as soon as you get to 500 subscribers… but if you fail your tests at school too often, they will kick you out – so make sure you study enough… or that you can earn enough money from your channel for you to move to your own place!
This update also implements a new collaborators system with some new management elements. You will have to negotiate their contracts with them and make them efficient, but keep in mind that they are your friends – you have to keep them happy and well rested, or they will leave you for good! Quests and other activities will grant you Charisma Points now, which in turn you can use to buy cards that reflect your style and how you behave in front of the camera. Furthermore, the whole mission system has been overhauled. There will be now fewer missions, but packed with more content – they will be harder to beat, but much more rewarding!
This is just the tip of the iceberg – this update includes many more tweaks and changes, from the notification system to some balancing all across the game, and even new music for the OST!
- The ticket cost for the first trade fair in the Gaming Channel has been reduced.
- The waiting times for several events have been reduced.
- The first four houses moving requisites have been changed.
- Videos earn more money from the shared flat onwards.
- PC components’ price has been reduced between 5% and 45%.
- Cosmetic items’ price has been reduced between 25% and 40%.
- The Cooking Channel utensil price has been adjusted to make them more accessible.
- Sleep and hunger expense when working has been reduced.
- Food has been rebalanced to improve its cost/reward ratio.
- Working now pays better.
- Cards are now obtained through charisma points, a new currency which is earned through courses and missions.
- Card unlock levels have been revised.
- Card situational bonus has been re-balanced.
Pipper (social network)
- Writing a Pipp now takes half as long.
- Pipp effect has been increased by 25%.
- Video games and console releases have been modified to follow a regular schedule.
- PC durability has been greatly increased.
- Music and Cooking skill ceiling have been increased depending on the house to reduce impact on gameplay.
- Collaborators’ status doesn’t show over your character’s bars. It made everything very confusing, leading players to believe that sleep and hunger were bugged.
- Mom’s house gameplay experience has been improved adding new objectives.
- U-Tube videos are now monetized from 500 subs onwards.
- The test is now a monthly mission while at mom’s house. If you fail three times, it’s game over.
- The comment moderation has been improved and now displays your discoveries in real time.
- The whole collaborator system has been redesigned to add new management features. There’s now a new hiring process and there’s a motivation variable that will influence their performance through the gameplay.
- A new currency has been introduced: Charisma points. They can be used to unlock cards and obtained through missions and courses.
- Mission panel has been improved. New weekly missions and clearer rewards. New visual feedback to differentiate missions.
- You can now find more assignments at events, given by NPCs, that will let you earn good money.
- Notifications have been improved and de-cluttered.
- Computers can now be used while they’re uploading a video.
- There’s a new window detailing gamepad and keyboard/mouse keys.
- Gaming trade shows and cinema hall have been redesigned.
- Lightning has been improved all around.
- Finally, we got a historic one: sometimes Network events stopped coming. FIXED!
- Phone presentation sometimes failed.
- Game froze on loading screen.
- Course window blocked progress when a collaborator was selected.
- Social bar dropped to 0 sometimes.
- GUI translation errors (Spanish text).
- Multiple errors in the Pipper section.
- Creating live shows and restaurant gigs blocked the game sometimes.
- Several card game issues.