HandyGames and Ocato have announced Airhead, an immersive 2.5D Metroidvania with a beautiful art style.
The game will be released for Nintendo Switch in 2021.
Trailer and details:
Wallet, keys, phone… Head? If you’ve ever felt like you’ve run out of the house without your head on, then this is the game for you. Join your protagonist Body and his organism friend Head and embark on a journey through a Metroidvania-style world!
Start your adventure as Body, who witnesses the tragic separation of Head and his air-pumping heart by an unknown machine. As the heart is taken away, Body jumps into action to save the abandoned Head. You must use the air tanks scattered around the world to keep Head inflated and uncover the true connection behind the stolen heart and the technology that litters your dystopian world. Wrap your head around unique mechanics and experience brave exciting gameplay, all while collecting sweet upgrades!
Dive into deep dark caverns, explore ancient structures and survive an industrial dystopia to solve the mystery of Head’s significance in this world. Experience a beautiful art style while being filled with a sense of responsibility and urgency to help your friend. With a heavy focus on puzzle solving, this unusual challenge will require you to use your Head and Body both separately and together.
- An immersive 2.5D platform experience in a Metroidvania-style world
- A beautiful art style, embracing bold color and bleak shadow
- Challenging puzzles must be solved by clever use of Head and Body’s synergy
- Loads of powerful upgrades that open doors to new areas
- A personal story of companionship, discovery, and responsibility
- A myriad of creatures and machines to hinder or help you on your adventure