Need more cute anime girls in your Nintendo Switch games? Well, a whole bevy of battle-ready dames are now on their way to the system!
Compile Heart has revealed that 3D action-shooter Azur Lane: Crosswave will also be making its way to Switch in Japan on 17 September 2020. The game previously launched for Steam and PS4 last year – and features battleship-themed girls duking it out across the seas!
Check out the official trailer and opening movie below, along with more details:
About Azur Lane: Crosswave
Azur Lane: Crosswave takes the spirit of the mobile game (Azur Lane) and uses the Unreal Engine to bring its characters to life in a massive 3D world, so fans can see them like they’ve never seen them before. The in-game character designs will also feature cel-shaded anime style 3D graphics that stay true to the original art.
- Retrofitted in 3D – Azur Lane mobile, the beloved side-scrolling shooter, is now retrofitted for the PlayStation 4 as a cel-shaded, 3D action shooter with the help of Unreal Engine! Choose from 25-plus characters and 30-plus support characters to help lead your fleet to victory. Azur Lane: Crosswave also introduces two brand-new playable characters, Shimakaze and Suruga!
- Four Modes to Choose From – Choose from four different modes: Story, Extreme Battle, Photo, or Episode Mode. Story Mode goes through seven riveting chapters in the footsteps of newcomers, Shimakaze and Suruga. In Extreme Battle Mode, choose from 100-plus challenging fleets to battle for rare items and special materials. In Photo Mode, you can pose characters, change facial expressions, alter backgrounds, and camera angles to create a picturesque moment. Episode Mode includes 50-plus sub-stories that deliver bonus character backgrounds!
- Arm Your Armada – Before setting sail, beef up your characters by equipping them with rare items found after a successful battle or by crafting items at Akashi’s Laboratory. Here, Commanders can exchange blueprints to create new gear, convert materials into rare items, and earn rewards. Experiment with different fleet arrangements to gain special Fleet Effects that can provide in-game stat bonuses.
- Ready, Aim, Fire – In Azur Lane: Crosswave, you can now control, aim, and fire at incoming battleships, aircraft carriers, and other enemies. Depending on the character’s subtype, players can dash to evade attacks or activate defensive shields, unleash torpedoes or aircrafts, and switch-on character-specific special attacks to defeat unruly enemies!
The Switch version will also offer these new features:
- Photograph Up to Six Characters in Photo Mode – The mode that allows you to take photos of the 3D character models has been enhanced for Switch. Where before you could only take photos of up to three characters at once, you can now take photos of up to six characters. Take the screenshots you like with a higher level of freedom!
- Taihou and Formidable Included – Downloadable content characters Taihou and Formidable are pre-packaged in the Switch version. Chapters have been added after the “Final Chapter” in Story Mode in which Taihou and Formidable are the main characters of their own story.
For now, there don’t seem to be any plans for a localization of the Switch version. We’ll report back as we hear more in the future!