Throw the Warped code out and Ratalaika Games have announced Back in 1995 for Nintendo Switch.
Back in 1995 is a survival horror game inspired by the 90s. It was previously released for New Nintendo 3DS. Release date and pricing will be announced at a later time.
Check out the trailer and details below.
Once upon a time, we lived in an age where gaming sessions didn’t just see us play games, but cables would come loose, and game cartridges would need to be reinserted. Those days may be far behind us, but the 80’s and 90’s live on in our memories and our hearts.
It is because of that fondness for what once was that some developers can’t help but create video games inspired by their childhood and the games they played, and thus we come to Back in 1995.
Developed by Throw the Warped code out and previously released on the likes of Steam and New Nintendo 3DS, Back in 1995 is a survival horror game that is a both a throwback and a recreation of games from a bygone era and it Ratalaika Games’ pleasure to announce that is 90’s inspired classic, is in the process of being ported to PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
In the Japan region, this title will be released by Mediascape Co. Ltd.
A throwback to the survival horror and mystery games of the original PlayStation, Back in 1995 faithfully re-creates everything from this all-but-forgotten era of games.
Be transported to a world both concrete and indistinct, where you must uncover the mystery surrounding the disappearance of your daughter, the catastrophe that shook the city, and why you’ve decided to finally return.
Back in 1995 was created as a labour of love by indie developer TakaakiIchijo as a means to replicate the unique feeling he had from his first gaming experiences: the PlayStation and the Sega Saturn.
- Get lost in the nostalgic world of retro 3D graphics, including low res models, texture warping, CRT emulation, and fixed CCTV style camera angles.
- Relive the mystery game genre with an old-school user interface and tank controls.
- Explore a sparse cityscape in the year 1995, littered with clues about the past.
- Interact with a cast of damaged characters whose intentions you can never truly know.
- Uncover the mystery of yourself, your daughter, and what happened to the city.
- 2-3 hours of gameplay.