It looks like even more BloodRayne action will be revived on modern consoles soon!
Publisher Ziggurat Interactive has announced BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped – enhanced editions of the original two games that will be launching digitally on Switch, PS4, Xbox One in Fall 2021. Physical editions of both games are also in the works for Switch and PS4, with Limited Run Games to announce more details later.
Here are more details below:
BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped are enhanced editions of the original games for console players.
The third-person horror action series BloodRayne introduced gamers to Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, vampiric powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 offered a dynamic and visceral gameplay experience. Beloved by fans and critics alike, BloodRayne became a true cross-media phenomenon, spanning games, comics, and films across the early 2000s.
Updated Features of the ReVamped Editions
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160).
- Upscaled cinematic videos.
- Improvements to lighting at the engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data.
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures.
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows.
- BloodRayne: Voiced audio and localized text for English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
- BloodRayne 2: Voiced audio in English and Russian. Localized text for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
We’ll report back as we hear more in the future. Stay tuned!