Today, we have fantastic news for fans of the wonderful platforming game Celeste.
The game’s developers finally confirmed in a new blog post today that its ‘Farewell’ DLC will be launching shortly on 9 September 2019. The new content will be completely free, and adds over 100 new levels along with 40 minutes of new music!
In addition to this, the developers of Celeste also promised that production on Limited Run Games’ physical print of the game would begin soon – now that all of the game’s contents are complete. You can read up on all of these details below.
Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell
Saying goodbye is never easy. Finding the right way to send off the characters and world of Celeste was especially difficult for us, but we’re very excited about what this chapter became. Here’s some details:
- Chapter 9: Farewell is a new story chapter for Celeste, releasing 9/9/2019 for free on all platforms.
- It contains 100+ new levels, bringing the game’s total to over 800!
- Over 40 minutes of new music from Lena Raine. (Purchase the soundtrack on Bandcamp!)
- There’s several brand new mechanics and items to discover and play with.
- Reconnect with beloved characters for a final goodbye.
- This chapter doesn’t have a B- or C-Side.
- To unlock it, simply complete Chapter 8.
Also, we want to mention the Limited Run physical Celeste release. We know that people have been waiting for that to ship for a long time. Now that Chapter 9 is finished, it will enter production shortly. Thanks so much for your patience.