Team17 has announced they’ll be bringing their hit game The Escapists 2 to Nintendo Switch on January 11, 2018.
For the first time in the series, the Switch version will offer drop-in and drop-out gameplay as part of split screen and online play. Up to 4 players can play in both modes, cooperating together or competing against each other.
Check out the game’s announcement trailer and more details below.
The Escapists 2 features brand new ways to escape from our upgraded multi-level prisons, more items than ever before and a new crafting system, there is so many more ways to make a break for freedom!
Featuring a revamped combat system, you can now lock onto your targets, block, and perform both light and heavy attacks.
An all new graphics style immerses players in a deeper, richer world whilst still staying true to the unique art style of The Escapists.
Character customisation will let you choose your avatar’s whole look from over 300 customisation options, including the option to play as either a male or female inmate! From ponytails to a shaved head, the choice is yours…
There are so many more things to do in The Escapists 2! Join a band, learn to paint, pick up a new hobby, there has never been so many ways to escape!
• A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
• 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including 3 transit prisons
• Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players*
• Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
• A brand-new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
• Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
• New ways to escape
• New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!