Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth, the latest title in the Etrian Odyssey series, is now out in North America on Nintendo 3DS.
Atlus also confirmed that the game will be out in Europe on November 3, 2017.
Check out the full launch trailer and press release below, and our review here.
The time has come to climb a very big tree, release the cartographer within, and run from terrifying FOEs because Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth is now available in the Americas and digitally in Europe for the Nintendo 3DS™ system.Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth chronicles the quest of a new adventurer (hey, that’s you!) as they attempt to reach the top of the towering Yggdrasil tree. For it is said that whoever braves the dangers of the dreaded Yggdrasil labyrinth and reaches the summit will have their greatest wish fulfilled… With the most cosmetic customization options in an Etrian Odyssey game, newly added racial attribute bonuses, and ten unique classes (each with two branching specialization paths), the perfect party is just waiting to be assembled.Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth features:
- A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel – Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds. Test your survival skills by wisely navigating the winding floors of Yggdrasil, using shrewd tactics when battling gruesome beasts, making the right decisions during various “scenarios,” and more. To meet these challenges, the home base city of Iorys is ready for all your buying/selling, recruiting, and information-gathering needs!
- Gameplay Fit for a True Pathfinder – It wouldn’t be an Etrian Odyssey game without the life-or-death need to map your progress. For those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a top-down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling. Players can use the map to mark the locations of treasures, doors, enemies, environmental obstructions, and more. Expect the unexpected at every turn–and then make a note on the map so it’s not so unexpected next time!
- Epic Turn-based Battles – There’s a reason why no one has ever reached the top of Yggdrasil. Dangerous creatures and utterly terrifying FOEs–high-level mini-bosses, for you newcomers–roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles. Proper planning is a must and balancing strong party composition is absolutely crucial for success. You’ll need the right team to unleash Union Attacks and level the playing field!
- Expanded Character Creation and Customization – With four unique races, 10 distinct classes, more customization options than any previous game in the franchise, and a streamlined skill tree/class advancement, you can shape a party to whatever your heart desires.
- A Magical Art Style and Score – Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.