In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, Atelier Ryza 2 producer Junzo Hosoi shared the latest details on what we can expect from the upcoming Atelier Ryza 2.
Here are some highlights from the said interview:
- The first Atelier Ryza sold well in the Asia region.
- Koei Tecmo and Gust are aiming for a worldwide simultaneous release for Atelier Ryza 2. If anything, the companies will try to make the releases as close as possible for the worldwide audience.
- The reason Klaudia looks more mature now is because she’s been helping with work at her family business.
- As for the main setting, it will take place in a castle town that looks like a mix of Asian and Western styles.
- Atelier Ryza 2 will have more focus in weather depictions compared to the first game. For example, you’ll see heatwaves in hot areas or a rock might appear wet after touching water.
- Furthermore, when Ryza comes in contact with water she’ll also appear wet as well. This actually comes from Blue Reflection, which showed when characters got rained on or while bathing.
- Since you’ll get to swim in Atelier Ryza 2, you’ll get to practically explore any area you can see in the game.
- There’s more action in the sequel, such as rope action or climbing vines.
- The development is at around 80% complete.