Famitsu has published another installment of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate creator Masahiro Sakurai’s weekly column for the magazine.
In this latest entry, Sakurai talks about his experience with several fitness games such as Ring Fit Adventure, as well as how he prefers to get exercise and stay healthy in general.
- In Ring Fit Adventure, Samurai is disappointed that attacking is limited to fitness
- Sakurai thinks it would be fun if a beam came out when the player pushed in the Ring-Con
- Sakurai believes Fitness Boxing really makes players move
- Sakurai encourages people to try out Jump Rope Challenge, as it’s free and will only be around for a little bit longer
- Sakurai is a fan of Beat Saber as well, and thinks the game makes you move around quite a lot, and has great music
- Sakurai thinks making exaggerated movements with your body makes for the best results
Staying Fit In General
- Since working from home due the pandemic, Sakurai feels like he’s not moving enough
- Sakurai is unable to go to the gym because of the pandemic as well
- Sakurai usually rides an exercise bike while playing video games
- He also lifts dumbbells of varying weight, and bought a weight training bench as well
- Sakurai does ‘radio exercises’ every morning where he doubles the speed of the program to increase his output
- Sakurai will also do push ups from time to time, but he feels the most effective routine is running up and down stairs
- Sakurai lives in an apartment with 600 stairs to the observation deck of Tokyo Tower
- Sakurai uses the stairs often, and hasn’t used the elevator in quite some time
- Sakurai finds the rush of climbing to be exhausting, but it’s a good feeling to know your body is in good shape
- Sakurai recommends “doing your best just to exercise.”
- Sakurai prefers difficult routines that he can do while multitasking, such as playing a game on an exercise bike
- Sakurai will also use his smartphone while climbing stairs
- These methods help him mix the toughness of exercising with something else to distract him
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.