Earlier this week, Nintendo announced the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Cindered Shadows DLC, which is part of the game’s Expansion Pass.
Since then, the company has released a number of new details and screenshots showing what players can expect from the DLC. Below you can find a summary of the key info along with a gallery of artwork and screenshots.
- The story introduces new characters and takes place in an area below Garreg Mach known as the Abyss
- The DLC can be accessed from the main menu in a different save file from the main story
- The course of events will be different from other stories
- Does not seem to use the main story calendar system
- The battles are carried out with squads of predetermined characters, allowing normally incompatible characters to fight on the same side (e.g. Edelgard and Hilda)
- The maps of this DLC feature new mechanics and tricks
- This story is also linked to the main story, and when beating the DLC players can recruit the new characters Yuri, Hapi, Balthus and Constance to continue with the main story.
The Fire Emblem: Three Houses Cindered Shadows DLC releases on February 13th 2020.