Mandragora Studio and BadLand Publishing have released Freaky Awesome on Nintendo Switch today.
Freaky Awesomeis a rogue-lite multiplayer game described as a cross between The Binding of Isaac and Toxic Avenger.
Check out the launch trailer and details below.
After its successful introduction on Steam, Mandragora Studio‘s funky creation finally makes the leap to console, more specifically to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Freaky Awesome combines the rogue-lite mechanics of The Binding of Isaacwith a wacky setting, suitable for any of the installments of the Toxic Avenger movie franchise. If we add to this the possibility of participating in multiplayer games for up to four people, we will have one of the funniest titles of the season.
Join three friends and finish off the unpleasant beings you’ll find in your path, as you become deadly creatures after being in contact with different mutagens.
When you found out that your missing dog was being held at the old factory, your past as an action hero kicked in and you didn’t hesitate: you grabbed your keys, jumped in your car and drove all the way there.
Yeah, there are toxic wastes, weird creepy monsters and deadly traps there, and it’s very likely that you will mutate into horrendous shapes and even die a lot, but you would do anything for your four-legged friend – even becoming a four-legged hairy beast yourself!
Fight, mutate, die, repeat: this is Freaky Awesome!
Freaky Awesome is a hectic action rogue-lite where you have to fight your way out of an old factory, full of mutated monsters and traps; the general layout of the factory and its rooms are procedurally generated.
Every enemy leaves behind a poodle of mutagen that can heal you, but also mutates you eventually – even if you are in the middle of a fight! In order to survive, you will need to adapt quickly to the powers and specific mechanics of every mutation.
Tearing off your head to throw it at an enemy? Sure! Laying eggs and seeing tiny copies of you hatching and fighting for you? Why not! And on top of that, you can use objects in combat and develop your character to unlock new powerful skills, as well as play in co-op with up to 4 players!
- Mutate to survive: mutagens replenish your health but also changes you into wild forms – each with different mechanics and powers!
- Gain new mutations! Slay bosses to unlock their forms as a newly available mutation.
- Explore a mutating world: the game itself mutates! The map is randomly generated, but the game itself changes every successful run with new unlocked locations and enemies, bigger levels, stronger bosses and new mechanics.
- Avoid traps… or use them to your advantage: explosives, flying barrels, moving saws, flames and even flying pig heads are as deadly to you as to your enemies!
- Rogue-lite with permadeath: death is permanent, but your advancements too. You can keep your unlocked items, skills and mutations.
- Play solo or with friends with an up to 4 players co-op mode. You can keep the progress earned while playing multi!