With the arrival of October, a whole bunch of spooky pumpkin items are now available for Animal Crossing: New Horizons players to craft and collect.
These new seasonal items can be obtained from a variety of methods such as by crafting them yourself with pumpkins, or buying them from Nook’s Cranny. You can find a quick guide for growing pumpkins and finding the DIY recipes below:
- Pumpkins can be grown from starts sold at Nook’s Cranny (280 bells each) or by Leif (140 bells each).
- Pumpkins will take 4 days to become fully grown and ready for harvest. If they are watered every day, they may sometimes yield up to 3 pumpkins per start.
- Pumpkins come in 4 colours: Orange, Yellow, White, and Green. Players will only know what colour they will get when the pumpkin plant is fully grown.
- Only Orange pumpkins are required for DIY recipes, the other colours are exclusively for customization.
- Pumpkin plants will continue to grow more pumpkins as long as they remain planted in the ground.
Pumpkin DIY Recipes
There are a total of 14 spooky DIY recipes that require pumpkins to craft. These DIY recipes can only be obtained from the following methods during October:
- Talking to villagers while they are working on their workbench.
- Talking to villagers and giving them candy on Halloween Night (They may also give furniture instead).
- Talking to Jack and giving him lollipops on Halloween Night (Spooky Carriage, Spooky Wand recipes)
The spooky furniture items themselves also have a chance of being sold at Nook’s Cranny, where players can also buy candy to prepare for Halloween night. Only one spooky furniture item and one piece of candy can be purchased per day.
Name Materials Spooky candy set – Orange Pumpkin x1
– Candy x3
Spooky lantern set – Orange Pumpkin x4
– Clump Of Weeds x4
Spooky garland – Orange Pumpkin x1
– Iron Nugget x1
– Clay x1
Spooky table – Orange Pumpkin x 14
– Softwood x10
Spooky table setting – Orange Pumpkin x1
– Iron Nuggets x 1
– Clay x1
Spooky standing lamp – Orange Pumpkin x3
– Hardwood x5
– Clay x1
Spooky lantern – Orange Pumpkin x4 Spooky chair – Orange Pumpkin x3
– Softwood x 3
Spooky scarecrow – Orange Pumpkin x3
– Wood x4
Spooky tower – Orange Pumpkin x7 Spooky arch – Orange Pumpkin x 10
– Hardwood x 10
– Clay x 3
Spooky Fence – Orange Pumpkin x3
– Iron Nugget x 5
Spooky carriage – Orange Pumpkin x 30
– Hardwood x 20
– Wood x 20
– Softwood x 20
– Iron Nugget x 10
*Get recipe by giving Jack Lollipops 2 times
Spooky wand – Spooky lantern x1
– Star Fragment x 3
*Get recipe by giving Jack Lollipops 3 times
Other Halloween Items
Name How To Get Jack’s robe – Get from Jack when you give him a Candy for the 1st time Jack’s face – Get from Jack when you give him a Candy for the 2nd time Spooky rug – Give Candy to a villager on Halloween Night Spooky wall – Give Candy to a villager on Halloween Night Spooky flooring – Give Candy to a villager on Halloween Night
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.