Bethesda has released a new patch for DOOM, adding gyro support and a new icon on the Nintendo Switch Home Menu.
Besides these major changes, a few tweaks and fixes have been made to improve gameplay, as well as Traditional Chinese support. See the full patch notes below.
- Motion Aiming – New control scheme option allows you to tilt the Nintendo Switch for more precise aiming
- Multiplayer Parties – Added new party system, making it easier to group up and play with your friends in multiplayer
- Updated Game Icon – Game icon now matches the DOOM for Nintendo Switch boxart
- Increased the average resolution in lower-res areas of the game
- Implemented CPU optimizations
- Added Traditional Chinese language support
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a possible crash when using the BFG
- Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing
- Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu
- Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer