Magic-slinging multiplayer action will soon be landing on Nintendo Switch!
Moonlit S.A. announced that Ignis: Duels Of Wizards is hitting the Switch eShop in Q2 2019. The MOBA-style title offers both online and local multiplayer options, where players duke it out with magic spells that weave chaotically through various arenas.
Check out the official trailer below, along with more details.
MOBA reinvented – “Ignis: Duels of Wizards” presents spectacular battles in the arena. Ignis: Duels of Wizards is a fast-paced, battle arena based on magic duels. The unique fighting mechanics allow players to customize the path of every missile.
Quick matches with dynamic upgrades create a unique experience of the intense rivalry, that requires both fast reflex and tactical skills.
Players can choose between powerful playable wizards, each of them uses a different style of magic – like elemental powers, alchemy or shamanic voodoo. Every hero has a unique, “theme” based set of attacks, spells and passive, that can be dynamically upgraded between rounds of the duels. It enables developing an individual strategy when fighting different opponents.
The single player mode will include a full campaign, revealing the backstory of each character as well as the lore of the whole in-game universe.
The campaign mode resembles popular titles form fighting games genre. Set of duels will allow players to experience fighting with all the playable wizards, learn their strengths and weaknesses. There will also be separate singleplayer modes with features altering the flow of the game.
Ignis truly shines in multiplayer mode – both local or online. The split-screen mode allows players to either fight against each other on six different arenas with adjustable properties or join forces against constantly learning AI.
Online multiplayer takes the challenge up to ranked duels in which players can compete with people all over the world.
More about Ignis: Duels of Wizards:
- Fast-paced battle arena
- Unique mechanics – you can customize the path of every projectile
- Player choose between powerful wizards – each uses a different kind of magic, has a unique set of skills, spells and passive abilities, backstory
- Strong multiplayer – ranked online matches and split screen battles; you can play against your friends or join forces in a coop mode
- Single player story mode unravels the history of characters and lore of the in-game world
- The game was conceived 10 years ago by its current programmer, who has been working on it ever since
Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch
Release: Q2 2019