SteamWorld series creator Image & Form recently hosted their audio visual blog called The Engine Room to give fans an update on what they’re working on.
While they couldn’t reveal whether their next project is a brand new IP or part of the SteamWorld franchise, Image & Form said they’re “very excited” about it, and they “never make bad games” because they couldn’t afford it. The company also mentioned they take the feedback of their fans seriously – 58% of their fans wanted the studio to work on a role playing game.
Check out the full video and details below.
- Image & Form Games and Zoink will continue to do their projects separately; Thunderful exists only to publish the games of both developers and will try to publish other games.
- They have presented the vinyl records for the soundtracks of SteamWorld Dig 1 and 2.
- Remember that the physical edition of SteamWorld Dig 2 for Nintendo Switch is now available.
- They are working on their next project and can not reveal if it is a new SteamWorld Dig or a new IP. They only comment that “they are very excited about the project ” and that “they never make bad games because they can not afford it”.
- They give the results of a Twitter survey on what genre the gameplay of their next project should focus on. 58% of respondents voted for the role playing genre.
- They follow the comments of the fans closely.