Ratalaika Games has announced the release date for classic jump and shoot platformer METAGAL for Nintendo Switch.
The game is scheduled to launch on March 29, 2019 via Nintendo eShop in the west.
Check out the trailer and details below:
METAGAL was born and released on Steam and now METAGAL is ready to make her mark on consoles, with Ratalaika Games acting as publisher, when it becomes available on PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
METAGAL will be released with a price of 4.99 USD / Eur. On SONY it will have cross-buy between PS4 & PSVita. Also 4 different trophy stack’s at launch.
- SONY America: March 26th, 2019
- SONY Europe & Xbox One: March 27th, 2019
- Nintendo Switch (EU&NA): March 29th, 2019
Players are thrown into the shoes of “Meta,” a cyborg girl, in her quest to rescue her Creator “Dr Ray” from the hands of “General Creeper,” the evil leader of a rogue army!!
To make matters worse, Metagal’s sisters were also kidnapped by Creeper and he’s turned them all into battle cyborgs, in order to use their powers so that he can at last, rule the world!! With no other option, Meta must face her sisters, free them, and copy their abilities, if she wishes to take down save those she loves and the world.
But even if she can endure 8 stages of intense action, there is still the final confrontation against Creeper himself.
- Classic jump and shoot style platformer.
- 16-bit graphics.
- 8 levels that each have their own unique environment, detailed designs and different gimmick.
- 30 Enemies types, which doesn’t include the various Bosses.
- Powerful new weapons that can be obtained by defeating each Gal Boss.
- Lots of secret collectible items that can be used to power up your character.
- Soft death penalty with “Gear” system allows player to resolve their mistakes with less frustration.
- Unlockable new characters to play with, each come with their own powers and upgrades.