Publisher Merge Games and developer Maple Powered Games have announced Monster Harvest, a new monster collecting game heading for Switch.
Monster Harvest is a hybrid of a monster catching game and a farming simulator inspired by titles such as Harvest Moon and My Time At Portia. Players manage a farm and use various types of slimes to enhance their crops, some of which may turn into monsters called “Planimals” in the process. No release date has been announced at this time.
You can check out a trailer below, along with additional details from the game’s Steam page:
Get ready to grow, collect, and mutate your crops and take them into battle! Brimming with a multitude of areas to discover, craft, build your own farm and home, Monster Harvest blends RPG mechanics, exploration and action across the vibrant world of Planimal Point.
From mutating your crops into several different variants and taking them into battle, to collecting a wealth of Planimal companions to help you fight enemies and explore the world with, Monster Harvest brings an array of different elements across it’s bright and colourful world! Meet new characters, visit shops in town, explore dangerous caves or discover new mounts!
Adventure across three unique seasons which can effect the way you play, with strange weather and seasons shifting what you can grow – watch out for the strange mutations during the dark season which can dominate the land!
There’s multiple different ways to build and customise the best farm in Monster Harvest! Craft and place dozens of items and take your farm to the next level by crafting artisanal items! Unlock the irrigation pipes, the pickler, and more to turn your freshly harvested crops into products ready for market.
- Farm with mutants! Use magical slimes to mutate the crops you grow on your farm.
- Collectible Planimal companions! Some slimes mutate your crops into Planimals!
- Three unique seasons: Dry, Wet, and Dark – Strange weather and seasons shift what the player can grow.
- Venture into the town of Planimal Point and discover the people and creatures that live there.
- Craft and place dozens of items on your farm!
- Doraemon Story of Seasons
- Farm Together
- Harvest Moon
- My Time at Portia
- Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands
- Travellers Rest
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.