It looks like Nintendo fans won’t have to wait long to experience the all-new Monster Sanctuary!
Publisher Team17 and developer Moi Rai Games have confirmed that the creature-raising platformer adventure will be hitting Nintendo Switch and other platforms on 8 December 2020. As reported previously, the game will sees players capturing and raising all sorts of monsters that can lend them useful powers to explore the world further!
Check out the official trailer below, with more details:
As the youngest heir of an ancient bloodline of Monster Keepers, players set out to follow in their ancestors’ footsteps, all the while unpicking a mystery that threatens the long-standing peace between humans and monsters!
During its year in Early Access, Monster Sanctuary has expanded with a series of significant updates that broaden its fantastical world, such as the introduction of player vs player gameplay, and new areas to explore: the volcanic Magma Chamber, the claustrophobic Underworld, and the mechanical Mystical Workshop. Each has expanded on the menagerie of monsters available for players to track down and tame, and added new gameplay opportunities to explore. The full launch of Monster Sanctuary in December will see further content for players to explore as they embark on an epic adventure.
- Overcome and Collect Beasts – Creatures great and small are available to collect and battle and can be upgraded via deep skill trees.
- Become the best Monster Keeper – A mysterious force threatens the peace between monsters and humans, and players will unravel these secrets through the story.
- Battle in Tactical Three-versus-Three Combat – Player rosters of monsters can fight AI or other players in a turn-based three-versus-three system, using elemental attacks and combos to devastating effect.
- Discover a Deep Metroidvania World – From the depths of the Underworld to the heights of the Snowy Peaks, there is plenty to explore, and hidden areas to uncover using monster skills.
- Items and Gear Aplenty – Players will find a plethora of useful items on their journey, which may even open new avenues of navigation.