Alongside the trailer that was shared earlier today, the Japanese website for the Pokemon Sword And Shield Expansion Pass has updated with more details about a few new Legendary Pokemon and Galarian forms that will be introduced in the expansion.
Firstly, it was confirmed that the Regi trio will be joined by two new members dubbed Regieleki and Regidrago. Regieleki is an Electric-Type while Regidrago is a Dragon-Type. Both of them appear to possess brand new abilities and signature moves.
- Type: Electric
- Ability: Transistor
- Signature Move: Thunder Cage ~ In this Electric-type special move, the Pokémon fires furious bolts of electricity from its lower half, trapping opponents directly below it in a cage of lightning. Thunder Cage doesn’t only deal damage to opponents when it lands—it will also cause them to be trapped within an electrified cage, causing damage every turn for four to five turns and preventing them from fleeing or being swapped out.
- Type: Dragon
- Ability: Dragon’s Maw
- Signature Move: Dragon Energy ~ The Pokémon assumes a shape similar to a dragon’s head, then fires intense dragon energy from its mouth. The more HP the user has remaining, the higher the move’s power.
Next, the Galarian Legendary Birds were officially revealed. Galarian Moltres is Dark/Flying with the ability Berserk, Galarian Articuno is Psychic/Flying with the ability Competitive, while Galarian Zapdos is Fighting/Flying with the ability Defiant.
- Type: Dark/Flying
- Ability: Berserk
- Signature Move: Fiery Wrath ~ In this Dark-type special move, the Pokémon transforms its wrath into a fire-like aura to attack. It may also make opposing Pokémon flinch.
- Type: Psychic/Flying
- Ability: Competitive
- Signature Move: Freezing Glare ~ Freezing Glare is a Psychic-type special move in which the Pokémon attacks by firing psychic power from both eyes. This move may also leave the target frozen.
- Type: Fighting/Flying
- Ability: Defiant
- Signature Move: Thunderous Kick
All five of these new Legendary Pokemon are expected to arrive with the Crown Tundra portion of the Expansion Pass, which is set to launch in November this year.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.