It looks like Nintendo has once again emerged on top in the world of television advertising!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo continued to hold its position as the most-viewed gaming brand on TV from 16 March – 15 April 2021, with 553.6 million TV ad impressions that constituted 90% of the TV ad impressions for this time period. In second place was Sony with a mere 46.5 million TV ad impressions, and in third place was MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) Video Games with 8 million TV ad impressions.
In contrast, here’s how Nintendo fared:
- 553.6 million TV ad impressions generated by 24 commercials that ran over 4,400 times
- “My Way: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury” (seen below) was the most-seen spot with 103.7 million TV ad impressions
- This spot performed above average across all industries for aspects including watchability, desire, and likeability
- Viewers considered it “wholesome” and “nostalgic”
- 31% cited the product itself as the single best thing about the ad.
- Networks generating high impression-counts for Nintendo included Nick, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel
- Top shows included SpongeBob SquarePants, The Amazing World of Gumball, and The Loud House.
We’ll report back as we receive more advertising figures in the future. Stay tuned!