Feeling nostalgic for the old days of creepy point-and-click adventures? Well, you won’t have to wait much longer for a new kind of terror to slither onto your Switch!
Eastasiasoft has revealed that its horror game Without Escape will be hitting the Switch eShop on 15 January 2020. The game sees players slowly descend into madness, as their humble home gradually descends into an eldritch hell-scape in every corner…
Check out the trailer for the game below, along with more details:
Without Escape harkens back to first-person graphic adventures of the early ‘90s, which relied on pre-rendered backgrounds and full-motion video to tell interactive stories. Explore the confines of your own home as you flip between a mundane existence and a horrifying otherworld. Can you escape the nightmare and find the answers you’re looking for?
One chilly winter night, you go home and notice that nobody’s there. Your parents had told you that they would be visiting your grandparents for the weekend, so you give their absence no mind and go to bed.
At 2:45 a.m., your sleep is suddenly interrupted by strange noises. A burglar, perhaps? You decide to investigate – only to plunge into a nightmarish web of stone, flesh, and flame.
With no way to return to what you thought was reality, you must unravel the secret of your home’s transformation. Are you prepared to endure the horrors that await you?
- Reconnect with the past through classic point-and-click exploration.
- Overcome enigmatic puzzles that will test your wits.
- Play your way with gamepad, keyboard and mouse support.
- Immerse yourself in your home’s oppressive atmosphere with an atmospheric soundtrack.
- Gaze upon 1080p pre-rendered backgrounds – in your old home, which has become a hellish nightmare.
- Discover multiple endings, secrets, and Easter eggs.
- Race against your friends and others with online leaderboards.
- Unlock several achievements.