3 years in and still going strong. And it looks like Pokemon from the Unova region are just around the corner.
Pokemon GO has announced some exciting content coming to the game starting June 28th at 1pm. This includes shiny forms of Alolan Pokemon, special research tasks, and much more. See the announcement below for details.
But before that, we’d like to point out that Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig can be seen in the artwork above. These are the starter Pokemon for generation 5 which takes places in the Unova region.
Could this mean that the fifth generation of Pokemon is almost in Pokemon GO? Stay tuned for more coverage.
They say third time’s the charm. Pokémon journeys begin with a choice between three Pokémon. Your journey in Pokémon GO involved joining one of three teams. Today, we celebrate the third anniversary of Pokémon GO’s release! Throughout this incredible journey, we’ve made countless memories along the way.
To commemorate this incredible milestone, you can look forward to these exciting features!
New features starting on June 28 at 1 p.m. PDT
- Shiny Alolan Pokémon — You’ll have a chance of encountering the following Shiny Alolan Pokémon: Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, Geodude, Grimer, and Exeggutor.
- Team leader avatar items — Avatar items featuring the team leaders’ personal styles will be available in the Style Shop.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to July 6, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- A familiar face returns to the party! — Once per day, you might have the chance to encounter a Pikachu wearing a party hat when you take a GO Snapshot photo! Pichu wearing a party hat will also be available to hatch from 7 km eggs.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Jump-Start Research — Looking to get up to speed with your research? Do you have a friend who wants to play but feels they’ve missed out on too much in Pokémon GO? Don’t worry! Trainers can complete new Special Research for helpful rewards that will jump-start their new or continuing adventures. This Special Research is only available this summer for players at level 10 or higher, so be sure to let your friends know about this opportunity to join in and get special rewards.
- Raid bonuses — Take down Raid Bosses faster and earn extra bonus Premier Balls to catch them with when you raid with friends.
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading — Trading Pokémon will cost ¼ less Stardust.
Remember, Trainers: play more with your friends this summer to get the most out of raids and trading!
We couldn’t have reached this epic milestone without you all. Thank you, Trainers, for your continued passion for Pokémon GO and for joining us on this amazing adventure. In the words of our favorite professor, “Let’s GO!”
—The Pokémon GO Team