The first details of this month’s Corocoro issue have started to come out, one of which is a special contest for fans to name a new move for Pokemon Sword & Shield!
Although clear scans from the magazine itself still haven’t surfaced online, the preliminary translations have revealed the following details:
- The contest is open to all Japanese residents.
- Fans have until May 10th to submit their suggestions.
- Names can be written in Katakana, Hiragana or English, but must be no longer than 8 characters in length.
- The move to be named has the following properties:
Effect: Does major damage but reduces user’s Hit Points by 50%
- The winner of the contest will receive one copy of both Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield.
- 20 of the runner-ups will get just one copy of either of the two games.
We will bring further details on how to enter, as well as screenshots from Corocoro, as soon as they are available.
What do you think? What would you name this move? Let us know in the comments below! Unless you’re entering the contest of course.
UPDATE (11/04/2019): Corocoro’s official website has been updated and provides the following new details about the contest:
- To enter, participants must fill out a special postcard from this month’s issue of Corocoro, due out officially on April 15th.
- The selected name cannot have been used before in previous games in the franchise.
- The winning entry will be decided by the developers.
- If the winning entry was submitted by multiple people, the “overall winner” will be decided via random lottery.