Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid is now more ‘morphinominal’ than before!
A new update has dropped for the fighting game, which adds a brand-new story mode for free. The story is similar to the Shattered Grid arc from Boom Comics – with Lord Drakkon invading multiple Power Ranger universes. It will also feature new voice lines by Power Rangers actors like Jason David Frank (i.e. the Green Ranger).
Meanwhile, the update will add Dragon Armor Trini, Udonna, and Cenozoic Blue Ranger as new fighters.
Here’s the trailer detailing the DLC below, along with more details about the update.
SAN FRANCISCO – APRIL 30, 2019 – Gamers around the world now have access to new, free downloadable content (DLC) for the recently released Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, developed by nWay. The content for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One will introduce several new elements requested by players including a new “story mode” by the acclaimed writer Kyle Higgins, in addition to new characters, battle arenas and voiceovers from original cast members.
Highlights of the new content include:
Gamers can now play through an epic storyline written and voice directed by writer/director Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid, Nightwing, Batman: Gates of Gotham). The mode also features original artwork by Eisner Award-winning illustrator Dan Mora (Go Go Power Rangers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Klaus). In this new mode, players experience a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed Shattered Grid event from Boom! Studios’ Power Rangers comic book series. When Lord Drakkon, an evil alternate version of Tommy Oliver, sets off a massive campaign across time and space to destroy all Power Rangers, they must band together and fight back, before all of existence falls to his armies.
New Voiceovers by Original Cast
The new content includes story and combat voiceovers performed by original Power Rangers cast members, including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan (Goldar) and Meghan “Strawburry17” Camarena (Kimberly).
Three new characters enter the world of Battle for the Grid:
- Dragon Armor Trini: When the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were viciously attacked by the Black Dragon, a powerful Zord from another dimension with the capability to warp Ranger powers, they were in for the fight of their lives. After his defeat, Trini was able to refashion the Zord into a powerful suit of armor.
- Udonna: Udonna is a powerful sorceress who trains the Mystic Force Power Rangers in the art of magic. As the Mystic Force White Ranger, this accomplished sorceress uses the power of snow to freeze evil.
- Cenozoic Blue Ranger: The Cenozoic Blue Ranger was a loyal and powerful soldier who served with Zordon, the original Red Ranger. Eons after his tragic demise at the hands of the traitorous Green Ranger Rita Repulsa, his Power Coin was found by a teenager named Billy Cranston, who then took on the Blue Ranger mantle.
Four new battle arenas:
- Corinth and Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era
- (Story Mode only): Command Center (Malfunctioning) and Lord Drakkon’s Throne Room (Flashback)
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid emphasizes accessibility without sacrificing depth and complexity. The controls promote simplicity and fluidity, enabling beginners to enjoy the combat system and encouraging advanced players to delve into its gameplay mechanics, which include real-time assist takeover, dynamic defense through push blocking and aerial guard, customizable juggle combos, and a unique Megazord comeback mode.