Over the weekend, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime dropped by the DreamYard Preparatory School to give some students an amazing day.
The school currently hosts lessons taught by the New York Videogame Critics Circle – and its students got front-row seats to listen to Reggie speak about his past and beliefs! Here are some highlights from the event:
– Reggie talked about growing up in the Bronx, just about a mile from the school
– he brought up the need for diversity in the games industry
– Reggie also talked about the variety of jobs available at Nintendo
– Reggie stated that he doesn’t believe in luck, just hard work
– He also shared a story about working hard to make his school’s basketball team, which he was initially turned down for
Finally, Reggie also played some matches of Mario Tennis Aces with DreamYard interns locally and online.
It’s good to see that Reggie is still willing to get out there and connect with the community. Let’s hope he can continue to inspire a new generation of developers and gaming journalists to succeed the industry today.