A new update has arrived for Sonic Mania on Nintendo Switch.
The update fixes the delay issue that occurs when users try to return to the Home Menu on Nintendo Switch. Other changes include the removal of the Dunkey easter egg, general bug fixes, and a new command for turning into Super Sonic.
Here are the full patch notes courtesy of SuperMoonKnight.
- There is now a separate command for turning into Super Sonic. Triangle for PS4, Y for Xbox, and X for Switch
- Leaderboards no longer crash the game on PS4…yes that was a thing
- Using the Bubble Shield bounce as the second act of a zone started no longer crashes the game…yes that was a thing too
- The game no longer saves your score after finishing a game file. Starting on any level from a finished game file resets the score to 0
- When recording on PS4, a Sega copyright logo would be plastered onto the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It’s now been removed
- Some general bug fixes such as glitching into Knuckles’ section in Green Hill with Sonic
- The Dunkey easter egg was removed
- Switch home delay has been fixed
- Press Garden Act 2 had a path with a row of 4 ice cubes that you couldn’t get past without the fire shield. If you had Super Sonic without Tails, you were locked in there till the Super form wore off. That row of ice cubes has been cut down to two to compensate for that situation should it occur.