Ahead of its release on June 28th, some new details about Super Mario Maker 2 have surfaced online.
Check it all out below:
- Mario and Toad laborers are seeking to rebuild Princess Peach’s castle after it was destroyed
- Mario undertakes various listed jobs to earn coins needed to rebuild each section of the castle
- There’s one Toadette called Chief who is overseeing the construction
- There’s a Toad called Taskmasker who gives you the jobs
- There are various other Toads who are doing the rebuilding
- Toadette notes that her entire crew is slacking off
- The crew actually lack the materials needed to complete their tasks, which requires Mario’s intervention
- Some text references the bosses who “ask someone to do something that they don’t want to do themselves.”
- Unlike other building tools, objects and features, Night Theme needs to be unlocked.
- Night Theme is unlocked by dropping an Angry Sun onto the level in the editor, then pressing and holding the A button on it.
- Once you choose to switch the Sun to a Moon, Night Theme becomes available as an option.
- Night Theme is not compatible with the Super Mario 3D World Theme
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.