Japanese video game website Famitsu has announced the winners of the Famitsu Awards 2018.
Tying for Game of the Year are none other than Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Monster Hunter: World:
Here is Masahiro Sakurai receiving the award on behalf of Nintendo, who also won the “MVP” award for being the most talked about industry figure in 2018:
Besides Smash Bros. Ultimate, several Nintendo Switch games won awards at the Famitsu Awards:
- Octopath Traveler (Excellence Award, Rookie Award, Best Music Award)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Game of the Year and Excellence Award)
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Excellence Award)
- Fortnite (Excellence Award)
- Pokemon Let’s GO Pikachu/Eevee (Excellence Award)
- Kirby series (Best Character Award)
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.