Seeking out a new and wonderful world to explore in the palm of your hands? This upcoming title from publisher MWM Interactive and developer Flight School Studio might pique your interest!
The companies have announced Stonefly – a new “tranquil action adventure game” heading to Nintendo Switch and other major platforms in Summer 2021. The game sees players piloting a mech insect as they journey through a vast wilderness at miniature size!
Check out the official trailer and a first look at its gameplay below:
Harness the wind and soar through the wilderness of Stonefly. Brilliant but naïve inventor Annika Stonefly must recover a lost family heirloom using her smarts and strategy. Glide strategically among flora and fauna, confronting hungry bugs, adventures, and memorable characters. Along the way, you’ll unravel a heartwarming story of self-discovery, family, legacy, and belonging.
- Chill and tranquil action-adventure gameplay punctuated by unique and skillful bug showdowns. Stun ‘em. Shoo ‘em. Get the loot.
- Invent and craft new abilities for your mech while customizing it to match your play style.
- Take on a variety of bug types to harvest minerals, then use them to craft specialized mech parts.
- Glide through tree canopies, across marshes, among prickly briars, and breathtaking nature throughout missions.
- Richly handcrafted art, equally inspired by mid-century modern design and the natural world.
- Forge relationships with a cast of memorable characters from the Acorn Corps, a band of castaway mech pilots.